Pastry Cream (Custard Filling)
Egg yolk 2
Vanilla essence trace
1. Sift the flour. Bring water, butter and salt to boiling point in a saucepan.
2. Add the flour and mix together with a wooden spatula.
3. Continue to cook this panada until the mixture leaves the sides of pan (Do not overcook)
4. Remove from stove, work in eggs one at a time to achieve a smooth, semi-liquid paste.
5. Fill the mixture into a piping bag and pipe as required.
~I used Macaroon Mat as based so every mixture pipe is the same size.
6. Space regularly and evenly to ensure even cooking. Brush with egg yolk.
7. Bake at 200 degree Celsius for 18 minutes, allow to cool.
1. Sift flour in to basin, add the egg yolk, sugar and 10% of milk and mix well.
2. Bring the rest of milk to the boil in a saucepan.
3. Pour the milk into the flour mixture, mix well and pour it back to saucepan.
4. Return to stove and bring to boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously to cook the flour.
5. Pour into basin and add vanilla essence.
6. Cover with buttered greaseproof paper to prevent a skin foaming.
1. Cut the profiteroles in to half.
2. Pipe small amount of pastry cream.
3. Cover with the top of profiteroles.
4. Sift some icing sugar on profiteroles.
-All done- :)